Immigration & Investment Solutions PLLC
Immigration, Investment & International Trade

Archived posts in "Success Stories"

EB-5 Visas


Created in 1992, EB-5 visas are used to bring new investments to the United States and to create jobs for U.S. workers.


Investors must invest in a new commercial enterprise and create 10 full-time jobs for qualified U.S. workers.


Generally, the minimum investment is U.S. 1 Million dollars. In some cases the minimum is U.S.$500,000 but only if the investment is in a target employment area or rural area.


If you would like more information about EB-5 Visas, contact us for an appointment with one of our attorneys.

Labor Certifications


Some employment visas require the employer to first obtain approved labor certification with the U.S. Department of Labor.
Labor Certifications verify that there are insufficient available, qualified, and willing U.S. workers to fill the position being offered at the prevailing wage, and hiring a foreign worker will not adversely affect the wages and working conditions of similarly employed U.S. workers.
After an employer obtains an approved labor certification, the employment visa may be filed with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
Our team can assist employers who want to hire foreign workers to navigate this complicated process.


H-1B Visas


This visa category allows U.S. employers to bring temporary workers to the United States as employees who will perform services in specialty occupations.


H-1B visas are subject to visa number limitations each year and once the limitations (cap) for a particular fiscal year is reached, no H-1B visas will be issued even if the prospective worker is qualified to receive the visa.


An H-1B recipient may be admitted for a period of up to three years. This time period may be extended, but generally cannot go beyond a total of six years, with some exceptions.


Spouse and children of H-1B visa recipients may also apply to accompany or join the H-1B visa recipient.


Consult with one of our attorneys to about this visa category.

Family-Based Immigration


Family-based immigration allows U.S. Citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents to sponsor their family members to come to the United States.
There are 5 different categories of family-based immigration.
Immediate Relatives are spouse, parents and unmarried children, of U.S. Citizens, under the age of 21. This category has no numerical visa limitations.
The rest of the categories listed below are subject to numerical visa limitations.
Family First Preference includes unmarried sons and daughters of U.S. Citizens.
Family Second Preference includes spouses and children, and unmarried sons and daughters of Permanent Residents.
Family Third Preference includes married sons and daughters of U.S. Citizens.
Family Fourth Preference includes brothers and sisters of U.S. Citizens.


E-1 and E-2 Visas


E-1 visas allow an individual who is a national of a country which has signed a Treaty of Trade with the United States, to enter the United States to engage in international trade.
E-2 visas allow an individual who is a national of a country which has signed a Treaty of Commerce with the United States, to enter the United States when he or she is investing a substantial amount of capital in a U.S. business.
E-1 and E-2 visa recipients and their employees are allowed a maximum initial stay of two years and could apply for unlimited number of extensions as long as the trade and commerce business and the work of the visa recipient continue to qualify for the visa.


L-1 Visas


L-1A visas allow U.S. employers to transfer an executive or manager from its foreign office to its office in the United States.


L-1B visas allow U.S. employers to transfer professionals with specialized knowledge from its foreign office to its office in the United States.


L-1A and L-1B visas both allow foreign companies which do not yet have an affiliated U.S. office to send qualifying employees to the United States with the purpose of establishing one.


Our attorneys have the knowledge and expertise to assist businesses with L-1 Visas.